USTA Community Tennis Associations are not-for-profit, volunteer-based organizations supporting programs that grow the game of tennis. They are located in towns across the country and are great entry points if you’re looking to get started in the game, to play more often or to give back to our lifetime sport.
First and foremost, CTAs work to coordinate and maintain tennis programs and services, guaranteeing that they are open and accessible to everyone. Those who run CTAs are tennis enthusiasts who act as advocates, program administrators, promoters or fundraisers – and sometimes as all of these things at once.
Community Tennis Associations partner with their communities to help grow tennis at the local level. CTA’s located across Northern Arizona can be viewed below.
The Flagstaff Tennis Association (FTA) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation as a Community Tennis Association (CTA) and Organization Member (OM) of the United States Tennis Association (USTA).
Serve as a positive, unifying force within the Flagstaff community, bringing together people, organizations, agencies, businesses, and other parties to define and pursue goals that benefit Flagstaff residents through the great sport of tennis.
FTA is organized and operated as a charitable, non-profit corporation for the following primary purposes:
- Developing the growth of tennis as a means of healthful recreation, physical fitness, and athletic competition;
- Serving as the nucleus of community tennis by providing and supporting tennis services and programs to benefit the Flagstaff area community;
- Building community and cooperation among tennis enthusiasts, organizations, and businesses;
- Fostering high standards, fair play, and good sportsmanship;
- Encouraging and conducting sanctioned and non-sanctioned tennis tournaments and events;
- Upholding the Rules of Tennis determined by the International Tennis Federation;
- Upholding the regulations and policies established by the USTA, USTA SWS, USTA NAZ, and FTA.
The Prescott Area Tennis Association (PATA) promotes and supports tennis for everyone in the Prescott area.
• We value sportsmanship through friendly, fair, and fun play.
• We value inclusion and diversity of all players and supporters of tennis.
• We value reaching across barriers of age, income level, and play level to ensure that all Prescott area residents can access tennis courts, programs, and playing opportunities.
• We value commitment and teamwork through volunteerism and working with strategic partners.
• We value engaging and developing young players through school and summer programs as well as scholarships.
• We value integrity and accountability by achieving measurable results, using financial and other resources efficiently, and being accountable to supporters and partners.
PATA’S main goal is to grow tennis in the community, by providing tournaments, leagues, tennis themed events, youth school programs and activities designed to promote tennis.